I’ll be back in a while.
The Leffe Pouring Ritual
Leffe should always be served at 5°C in its unique chalice glass to preserve the beer’s full aroma and create the perfect creamy head.
- Clean and thoroughly rinse the glass with cold water to remove any impurities. Allow the glass to cool.
- Leffe glassware should always be washed by hand since the slightest trace of grease will affect the head and taste of the beer.
- Check whether the glass is clean. If necessary, dry the glass using a synthetic chamois leather. To serve Leffe perfectly, it is essential that the glass is prepared in this way.
- Pour the beer into the glass at an 45° angle without the bottle neck touching the foam or the glass. Allow the beer to pour slowly into the glass.
- Gradually straighten the glass while pouring and lower the glass a little, paying special attention to the head. Leave about a fifth in the bottle.
- The creamy head should be about two inches thick when the pouring is complete. Getting the perfect head protects the Leffe flavour and aroma during drinking.
- Finally, apply the drip catcher and serve the glass and then the bottle on the Leffe coasters, taking particular care that the stained- glass window logo on the glass and the bottle is facing the consumer to achieve a perfect and elegant serving.
Perry Como – Magic Moments